Information if you need to see a family doctor

An appointment with a family doctor

For minor illnesses you should go to a chemist and ask the pharmacist for advice.

In an emergency, please go to the Accident and Emergency Department of QEQM hospital in Margate. Cases are seen in order of how urgent they are, so you may have a long wait for a minor injury or illness.

We encourage students staying with a homestay hosts who require an appointment with a doctor to get one with their host family’s doctor. If this is not possible, and for students staying in Culver House or Churchfield House we suggest using the local medical centre: Limes Surgery.

Procedure for students at Limes Surgery
Students should just turn up or telephone to get an appointment.

Firstly you need to tell them you are from English in Margate and you will have to register as a temporary resident.

You will have to fill in a basic form at the surgery with your name, age + date of birth, home address and temporary address in Margate.

You should take your passport and English in Margate Identity Card and any medical insurance documents. It would be a good idea to take photocopies of these documents.

You pay nothing to the doctor. All payments would be made at Reception.

You will not have preference over the registered patients, and may not be able to get an appointment straight away, as registered patients take priority over temporary resident patients. Long stay students can also register with the homestay hosts doctor as a temporary resident.

Limes Surgery contact information:
Address: The Limes Medical Centre Trinity Square Margate Kent CT9 1QY
Telephone: 0844 499 6980
Fax: 0844 499 6981

Website by isle.

Get in Touch

Got a quick question or would like further information?

Brochure Download

Download our current Brochure and Pricelist

Our brochure is also available in a number of alternative languages