- Your first day
- On your first day at English in Margate please arrive at the school between 8.45am and 9.00 am.
Your host family will show you the way to the school.
- When you arrive please go to reception where you will be asked to show your passport or national identity card. It is important you bring this with you on your first day.
- You will then receive your welcome pack and be shown the way to the Hawley Club where you can relax, meet the other new students and maybe have a cup of tea or coffee.
- At 9.30 your induction will begin.
- In the first part we will evaluate your level of English. This will include a writing task followed by an interview. The writing task helps us to evaluate your grammar, vocabulary and spelling amongst other things. After this there is a personal interview where we evaluate your listening and speaking skills amongst other things. We also use this interview to find out why you are learning English and your personal objectives.
- After the evaluation we will tell you all about the school, the classes, the social programme, accommodation, health and safety and fire precautions as well as information about Margate, the local area and other places you may visit. You will normally also have a guided tour of the school (this is not always possible at very busy periods of the year).
- We will also take your photo during the induction and ask you to complete a contact information sheet. We use your photo to give you a English in Margate identity card, we keep your contact information in case of emergency and because it is a requirement of the United Kingdom Borders Agency for visa national students.
- At the end of the induction we will provide you with information about the class you will be joining
- Between 11am and 11.30am there is a break. At 11.30am you will join your new class.
- If there is something you did not understand during the induction, or information we did not give you, please tell us!
Website by Isle.