The following are some of the key selling points of the school:
- A quality, independent school – accredited by the British Council and the International Association of Language Centres (IALC) quality scheme.
Highly experienced, friendly and approachable teachers and management staff.
- The personal touch – EiM is a small, friendly, quality independent school, where we recognise that each student has individual needs and we work very hard to ensure that they are satisfied with their whole stay. Feedback from students is consistently very high.
- Wide range of courses from Standard (mornings only), Intensive (all day), Individual classes, Business Skills, Exam preparation (including IELTS, TOEIC, FCE and CAE) 5 levels offered throughout the year. If, for example, your client is the only elementary student in the school, we will open a class for him/her until he/she is ready to join the next level.
- We are a TOEIC and BULATS test centre so any student can add one of these tests to their course to measure their level of English.
- Adults only – we only accept students aged 18 and over. We receive students aged between 18 and -65+ and the average age of students is around 30.
- Good nationality mix and no groups larger than 12.
- Excellent facilities including: free internet café, multimedia self-study centre, private cellar club with licensed bar, flat screen TVs, Wi-fi throughout, table tennis, pool and darts. Classroom facilities include data projectors and computers so teachers can make full use of the internet for lessons.
- Great location – The school is located in a charming historic building in an attractive square in the centre of Margate, a very short walk from the High Street and from the Old Town of Margate with numerous cafés, bars, restaurants and shops. It’s also less than 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and from the Turner Contemporary art gallery.
Margate is within easy reach of London airports, Channel ports and Channel Tunnel, and very close to Manston International airport.
- Nearby attractions – Margate is approximately 30 minutes from the historic city of Canterbury by train and less than 90 minutes from London by train.
- Thanet towns – The charming seaside towns of Broadstairs and Ramsgate are just a short bus ride from Margate and are very easy to get to as buses run very frequently (every 7 to 8 minutes during the day). Similarly students can take the same bus to Westwood Cross where there are many shops, restaurants, a multiplex cinema, bingo hall and casino See www.visitthanet.co.uk for more details of what to see and do in the area.
- Excellent homestay hosts – As the only year-round school of English in the town we are very selective about our homestay hosts, so students can be sure of a warm welcome. Our standard homestay hosts are located within walking distance of the school, unlike those in many larger destinations. Executive homestay hosts are located within a short bus ride of the school (bus pass included in the price) and offer superior accommodation with guaranteed private bathroom.
- Superb self-catering accommodation available next to the school and in the town centre for students not wanting homestay.
- Great social programme – we encourage students to make the most of their stay by taking part in as many activities as possible.
Our Hawley Club is open two or three evenings a week for activities such as Food evenings, cultural talks, games evenings, casino nights, first day welcome evening etc.
1 half-day and 1 full-day trip are offered every week to places such as: London, Cambridge, Windsor Castle, Leeds Castle, Brighton etc. We can also help arrange trips to destinations further afield such as: Scotland, Paris, Amsterdam, Cotswolds (through a specialist tour operator for overseas visitors to the UK). Please let us know if you need any further details on dates and prices.